1) Someone mentions “South Africa” and instead of thinking about the native men over there…
…running away with hammers and sticks.
And instead of thinking about the native women in Africa…
…posing for a photo with emo faces. Probably because their men are running away with hammers and sticks.
It reminds you of…
Cristiano Ronaldo running – without the hammer and stick of course.
Female football fans supporting – without emo face but with a sexy boobs appearance obviously! (I know where you’re looking at!)
2) Mamak outlets have food named after the participating countries.
Whatever country in the World Cup, you’ll see it right on the World Cup special-edition menu!
Translation: Dude, why Roti Canai Brazil expensive like crazy?
Translation: Because Brazil kick ball like crazy! 5 times champion! Crazy record, crazy price!
Yeah right crazy record – more of a crazy rip-off!
3) World Cup related companies give out stress balls.
Just like this one from Tiger, a famous beer company. Maybe you can squeeze it while watching the matches – to release tension.
So in case you hate a particular country – this one is Germany for example – you can crush them with your very own hand!
Die you Germans! *no offense ya*
4) Electronic companies selling new HD TV for better World Cup watching experience.
Yeah right WTFBBQ-HD-FTW-TV. Marketing strategy at its best.
5) Everyone wears football jerseys of World Cup countries.
They say it’s the passion for football. And also to promote the country they support.
But for me, I think I’ll wear the jersey of Malaysia’s football team.
I, as a true Malaysian, support Malaysia in becoming one of the participating countries in the near future! Vision 2020 FTW!
1Bola Sepak. 1Malaysia. Malaysia Boleh!