Over the weekend, my home Internet was down.
Crap, so I won’t be able to update my blog, check on my crappy Facebook and read latest news.
Anyway, it got me thinking – what Internet addicts (not me alright) would do if their home’s beloved Internet is not working? Certainly sounds interesting.
So if you’re a hardcore Internet user, here are probably the actions you take when the Internet is down!
1) Once the Internet is down, you’ll stare at the screen for a while.
Look at the router, look back at the screen again. Hit F5 (refresh in case you don’t know) repeatedly and start cursing the Internet Service Provider (ISP).
2) Try knocking on the router in case it will working again.
But obviously it doesn’t.
3) Next step, call the customer service support.
Line busy, or simply no answer. Typical Malaysia customer service.
4) Continue calling and finally the call manage to go through.
You demand for explanations. But when explanations are given, you don’t accept them.
You know you deserve better service since you’re paying for it.
5) After that, you start ranting and complaining about the ISP.
Thinking of changing Internet provider because the current one sucks!
6) Try to steal neighbours’ wifi connection.
But unfortunately it’s all password-protected and you don’t know how to discover the password.
7) Access the 3G Internet with you dumbphone (opposite of smartphone) and surf happily!
But quickly stopped…
…after you realize that the charges are bloody expensive.
8) Head to the Cyber Cafe and don’t mind spending since it’s much cheaper than the dumbphone charges.
But the Internet connection speed is crawling like snail because everyone there is using up the bandwidth playing DOTA and other Internet-connected games.
9) Resort to your friend’s place because you know the Internet speed there is awesome.
But your friend kicks you out because you’re fully occupying the computer as though it’s yours.
10) Finally, bring your laptop to a coffee shop or a place where free wifi connection is available.
Yes Starbuks! With coffee, cozy environment and free Internet – it’s heaven right?
Anyway, I didn’t do all those mentioned. Okay, maybe just trying to access my neighbour’s wifi but that’s all.
To replace my Internet time, I played Monopoly Deal card game instead. Really fun!
Scribbled notes for my blog entries that I thought of writing.
Pardon my messy handwriting. Told ya I was scribbling.
Played Tropico 2.
Finally mastered this computer game which I’ve bought and neglected almost 5 years ago.
And played with my Macbook Photo Booth!
The blogger boy was obviously displeased with the Internet problem – explains the moody face!