Dear Ken Wooi the Blogger,
I have some things I’d like to share with you and get off my mind. I hope you’ll take note of the following points so that we can both have a healthy relationship going forward:
- There are a lot of things I have to do. I visit your blog because it is interesting, it is funny, it is silly, or all of the above. Please don’t waste my time with uninteresting posts. If you really don’t have anything good, it’s probably better to not post anything.
- Your posts are most interesting, funny and silly when you don’t wander off. One good example of wandering off is writing Food Reviews. You suck at that, and that makes you so not you. That’s not the purpose of reading your blog in the first place.
- You only get this many chances to deliver. If you promise something good, please don’t disappoint me because, like I mentioned before, I have a lot of things to do and I don’t have a lot of time to do the things I like – like reading great blogs.
- You may fool everyone else with your advertorials. If you don’t label your blog post as “Advertorial” and I find out about it, you can be sure I will read your posts with caution and this may be the last time I visit your blog.
- Regarding your Kenwooi News Network (KNN aka Kanina) parodies, you shouldn’t pretend to be smart by writing senseless explanations. It’s obvious that you really don’t know, and you may be detained by the ISA for talking about Malaysia and its government.
- On your About page, could you put a real photo of yourself instead of that cartoon drawing? Your blog is not a comic blog so don’t bother featuring that. Furthermore, a real photo will make the page more personal.
- I don’t like the orange color of your blog. You may think it’s unique, but it doesn’t look like a professional website at all. To some, maybe it could look childish.
- There are too many occurrence, or perhaps promotion, of your Facebook Page and Twitter – there, here and everywhere. If I like your blog, I’ll like your Facebook Page. If I like you, I’ll follow your Twitter. Don’t waste my bandwidth loading such unnecessary widgets. Not many care because you’re not famous anyway.
- You don’t reply to my comments whenever I comment. That’s a bad example of maintaining the relationship with your readers. The number of comments on your blog will gradually plummet because of this, and I noticed it already.
That’s all for now. I wish you all the best and keep up the good blogging effort.
Your Loyal “Reader”